E-Commerce Website Development (Open cart)
With the advancement in technology, we have been introduced to the kind of comfort that we just can’t get enough of.
And, that’s exactly why investing in e-commerce business is the right and the most profitable option now. After all, people love to shop from the comfort of their couch!
So, if you too aspire to create your own e-commerce website or make e-commerce website creation your career path, this course is for you.
This course begins with an introduction to e-commerce and its evolution. It also involves the fundamentals required to understand the facts and layouts. Thus, you will learn every bit of website creation.
Let’s get started!
Course Time: 4-6 Pm (Weekdays) & 11-2 Pm(Weekend)
Course ID: WDOC001
Prerequisite(s): Knowledge of web development
Course Days: Weekdays & Weekend
Know about the world of online marketplace and the platform that helps it grow.
1. Evolution of E-commerce.
2. What is E-commerce?
3. Technologies used.
Logic and Facts
How to determine the layout that appeals most to the viewers of a business website? Well, let’s find out.
1. About logic.
2. About layouts
3. Color schemes.
4. Documentation (paperwork).
5. Play with layout.
Pick it Right
Which tool will help you in making a website that caters to the users in a purposeful way? We will help you know.
1. Server and its tools.
2. Select templates.
3. Theme selection.
Make your way
The basic of website designing is simple if you know the right ways. Learn and choose the ones that help you with best development.
1. What is a Content Management System.
2. Downloading Open Cart CMS & Other Tools.
3. Installing Open Cart on Local Server (Local host).
4. Installing Open Cart on Remote Host (Web Host).
It’s your store now
Learn the technicalities of installation of multiple themes and making changes to meet the needs of the clients.
1. Installing & Configuring an Open Cart Template.
2. Changing the Logo.
3. Editing the General Store Information.
4. A Tour of Open Cart Store Administration.
Fill the stock
Categorizing the website to fit the need of e-commerce world is an art. We teach you an easy looking task that is tough indeed!
1. Editing Pre-installed Categories, Products & Options.
2. Adding more Categories, Products & Subcategories.
3. Adding Purchase Options for Customers.
4. Setting Up Search Engine Optimization for Products & Categories.
Taxation and currency
When clients want to explore the different currency system, you are the one to help them out. It helps in presenting the site on a global level.
1. Understanding Tax System in Open Cart.
2. Setting up the Countries, Zones & Geo Zones.
3. Setting up Tax Classes & Rates.
4. Setting up the Currency Options.
Get paid for products
It takes a certain expertise to integrate the Payment Gateway in a website. Let us help you to develop the required skills.
1. Understanding Online Credit/Debit Card Processing.
2. Installing & Configuring Payment Systems.
3. Other Payment Options.
Managing Delivery and Customers
In this section, we learn the ways through which the client can manage the delivery system of e-commerce site.
1. Using Free Shipping & Pick from Store Shipping Methods.
2. Using Per Item, Flat Rate and/or Weight-based Shipping.
3. Managing Customers into Groups.
4. Adding Customers Manually.
5. Sending Email Newsletter to Customers.
6. Obtaining Reports for Stocks, Sales & Customers.
A developer needs to have an eye for creativity. Here, we help you add the technical nitty-gritty in the website.
1. Welcome Module.
3. Banner Module.
4. Account Module.
5. Bestsellers Module.
6. Carousel Module.
7. Category Module.
8. Featured Module.
9. Latest Module.
10. Slideshow Module.
11. Specials Module.
12. Store Module.
14. Affiliate Module.
16. Information Module.
There are multiple Plug-in(s) that are integrated in the website. Let’s explore the ones that best fit the requirements of e-commerce sites.
2. Adding more features.
3. Adding new module.
4. Installing and uninstalling modules.
Let’s go through everything we have learned and polish it with some added skills. Voila! Now you are ready to explore the world as an e-commerce site developer.
1. Offering Discounts by Coupons.
2. Upgrading via Control Panel.
3. Upgrading via FTP.