Introduction to Android Development
Are you one of those who sees a problem and your instant reaction is to have a handy app?
Do you have a knack for technology and are always looking for a way to use it better and make life much easier?
Have you ever thought of designing your own little app just so you could enjoy comfort at its best?
Android is no doubt a vast platform, and millions of apps get uploaded and downloaded here every single day. If you also dream of launching your own app someday, this course is for you.
This course teaches you all about the fundamentals and intricate procedures involved in android app development with minimal fuss, which opens up vast scopes of employment, from entry level to freelancing.
Let’s take the first step towards a future of brilliant opportunities.
Course Time: 4-6 Pm (Weekdays) & 11-2 Pm(Weekend)
Course ID: Rv9250
Prerequisite(s): Basic knowledge of computer
Course Days: Weekdays & Weekend
The Evolution and Foundation
To move forward one must know the history first combined with the 'what' and the 'why'. The first class thus introduces you to the following:
1. Introduction to Java.
2. Introduction to Android.
3. Brief History of Android.
4. What is Android.
5. Why is Android Important?.
6. Soft Architecture of Android.
You are the Creator
The very first of everything is special. Get ready to get that adrenaline rush. So, what all do you need to get started?.
1. Software Requirement.
2. Brief about Android Development Toolkit (ADT).
3. Intro to Software Development Kit (SDK).
4. How to install and use Android studio.
5. Creating new AVD(Android Virtual Device).
6. Creating first App in android.
7. What is Gradle?.
It's Action Time
'What' all can your user do and 'how' is an important part an android app's lifecycle.
1. What is Activity?.
2. Activity Lifecycle.
5. What is Context?.
6. Use of Manifest File.
Let's Make it Fun
Who doesn't like to listen to a little music in the background while surfing? Let's see how you can make your app more fun!
1. What is a Service?
2. Type of Services.
3. Implementation of Service.
4. Interacting with Media Player..
Human-Machine Interaction Made Easy
Better the experience user has, more the successful your app will be.
1. Viewing UI on a device.
5. Radio Buttons.
7. Handling UI events in the activity.
Paving The Way
Better the presentation and overview, more the users will be curious to explore what's inside your app.
1. How to interact with different UI elements?.
2. What are different listeners?.
Looking through the Glass
So your app is almost halfway through, make it even better with better navigation.
1. What is Intent?
2. Different Types of Intent.
4. Navigating Between Screens.
You've got a message
You'd want to know if there's a bug issue or an update available, right? That's exactly what notifications are for.
1. Intro to Notifications.
2. Toast Notification.
3. AlertDialog Notification.
4. ProgressDialog Notification.
5. Custom Dialog Notification.
How do you want your data to be displayed? How do you intend to organize your app?
1. Different layouts in android.
2. Relative Layout.
3. Linear Layout.
In this class you learn to bridge the gap between the app and its underlying data.
1. What is Adapter.
2. Different types of Adapter.
3. Layout Inflater.
4. Simple Listview.
There are more than one ways you can choose your data to be displayed.
1. Custom Listview.
2. Custom Spinnerview.
Android provides several options for you to save persistent application data. It's your choice whether you want your app data to be private or easily accessible to other users & apps?.
1. Data Storage.
2. Using Shared Preferences.
3. Internal Storage.
Saving the Data
How do you want your user and app data to be saved for future references? .
1. External Storage.
2. Introduction to DataBase.
1. Data Storage using SqLite.
Execution of the info
1. Implementation of Database.
The last class is all about revising and recalling everything you have learned from class 1 to 14.